Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ode to the DumDum





Dear DumDum,

I want to apologize to you for never appreciating your amazing qualities before. As a child and even up to very recently, if offered one of your kind I would turn up my nose and politely decline. Little did I know that at only 25 calories a pop and no fat that you actually have magical powers.

I had the good fortune to stumble onto your powers at Halloween when well intentioned people put you into my son's Elmo candy carrier. Then, I felicitously decided to offer you as a reward for good potty behavior on the day after Halloween. To my surprise and delight, my son was immediately enamored. Now that you are the regular treat on offer, we are more than one month accident free. A magical Christmas present to be sure. I promise to never underestimate your goodness again.

1 comment:

Kenny and Chrissy said...

He looks soooo BIG. Where did our babies go?