Tuesday, July 3, 2012

San Antonio, Part I

A couple of weeks ago, we braved the five hour car ride to San Antonio for our first ever family vacation with just the five of us. I was a little nervous and a lot excited, and it turned out to be so fantastic.

We stayed at a hotel with an indoor and outdoor pool, two big water slides, and a lazy river. Despite the fact that the kids didn't start swim lessons until we got back, they were water rats the whole trip. Just as I remember from my own vacations as a child, the goal from sun up to sun down was to be in the water as much as possible at all times.

It's logical if you note the scary pirate I discovered in our room. Shiver me timbers!

Robby has developed an absolute love for not just the water but thrill rides, and water slides combine the best of both of those worlds. So we had lots of fun watching his daring on the slides. Even Juliet took a few turns.

No comments: