Saturday, December 13, 2008

Let it Snow



A week or two ago it snowed at the Sloan house. I know what you are thinking...but it hasn't snowed in North Texas yet this year. Well, this snow was not outside but in my kitchen. It might not have been freezing, but to my son it was wonderous. He received a package of goodies from my aunt and uncle in California, but the goodies themselves were of no interest (at first). What he liked was the box full of styrofoam popcorn. He didn't just like it. He loved it! I will say that after he exhausted himself and went to bed, Mommy and Daddy did not enjoy Project Snow Cleanup, until I came up with a brilliant (if I do say so myself) idea. I used Clingwrap to pick up the pieces, and it went so smoothly after that. All those little pieces that had eluded me in my sweeping efforts clung to the wrap and did not stray again, so if you get a Christmas present with popcorn in it, that is my hearty recommendation.

On a side note, Toby and Lori, you guys are brilliant gift buyers. He LOVES the Christmas book. The last two pages have 25 flaps that he can open, and most of them are Christmas ornaments on this huge tree. He loves to open that page and open all the "balls." He sits and plays with it forever saying "ball" over and over again. I kept the LeapFrog toy in his closet until this week, but it too is a huge hit. He gets frustrated when he can't get the letters in, but he loves to make it sing to him. Way to go on the presents :)

Other recent Robby accomplishments: jumping, somersaulting (seriously he can do a full somersault on our bed), tiptoeing, and saying cup.







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Amy, I hadn't been to your blog in a little while. Oh how I enjoy it! I love hearing and seeing what is going on with you all. It feels like we are not so far away. :) We are so glad Robby appreciated all parts of his very belated birthday gift. Keep up the blogging!!

minda312 said...

ah i love this set of pictures.


ps. will i REALLLLLY not see you until next year?!?!?


ugh.
sad.

Chrissy said...

Love these pictures. He looks like a happy guy. We got your Christmas card today--LOVED it. It was be prominently displayed on the "Frig of Fame". Have a good one!