Monday, February 9, 2009

Birthdays

So, I feel like I haven't posted about what's been going on in our world in a while, so I thought I would update. Of course, I could really sum it up in one word: birthdays. We have been celebrating birthdays for the past four weekends in a row. It started off with Bryan's brother Michael's 30th birthday, which was on January 16th. All of the siblings went to Waco to surprise him, though Robby and I were unable to go. We went to Eastland for the night instead. By all accounts, it was a fabulous weekend.

The next weekend was Bryan's birthday, which was pretty low key. My friend Minda came over and watched Robby while we went out for a night on the town. Turns out we are pretty old though because after dinner at Ghengis Grill, walking around Sundance Square, and then dessert at Simply Fondue, we were tired and ready to call it a night! Bryan got an iPhone for his birthday, which has quickly become his favorite toy. Of course, we already had to replace the first one he got after the screen got cracked. Thanks Apple for taking such good care of your customers and replacing it for free!!

Then, Bryan's niece Lucy turned one on January 31st. She had a birthday party with another little girl who also turned one on the same day, and it was a blast! They had a bouncy house, two cakes and cupcakes, and lots of good people and conversations. We took 165 pictures, so I thought I would share a few:









Then, this past weekend we went to Houston to celebrate Bryan's dad's 60th birthday, which was also really fun. We got to play several sweet mafia games, eat tons of good food, and Bryan and his brothers have invented a new game called Soccer Tennis that they played all weekend and promises to be sweeping the nation very soon. Over the weekend, Robby apparently determined that there is nothing so important to him as a ball (always of great importance but now of utmost importance). If he is not playing with a ball, he is looking for a ball. The whole way home (over five hours thanks to wreck traffic), Robby would periodically cry for a ball. Once Mommy climbed over the backseat and got him one from the very back. He promptly threw it behind his head into the back again. There were no more ball retrievals after that.
Okay, super long post. I apologize. But, I will be out of town most of this week for work, so maybe this will last until I have time to post again :)

1 comment:

tah said...

According to Uncle Curtis there is nothing as important to a young boy as a ball!!! I don't understand the confusion???