Thursday, July 23, 2009

Passing on a Beloved Tradition

One of my all time most favoritist things in the world is cookie dough and brownie batter. I have loved both of those things since I was Robby's age or younger, so last night when I was making brownies while Robby ate dinner and he asked for a bite, how could I resist??? Of course, it ruined his dinner (not that he was making much progress in eating for the past 15 minutes before that), but at that moment, one of my favorite childhood traditions of getting to lick the spoon was passed on to my son. Based on the huge grins that followed, I would say he liked it :)




Also note my big boy not in a high chair but sitting at the grown up table with a real plate and a real fork :).

On a side note to any preggos out there--my advice on high chairs: do not buy a high chair where the chair padding cannot be removed to wash. We made this mistake, and when I was doing a deep clean as we prepared to pack it away until Juliet needed it, we found that the bottom of the padding was covered in mold. It had to be trashed, and now I have to get a new one.

No comments: