Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Calling Mommy

So, yesterday Bryan, Robby, and I ran by Walgreens to pick up a prescription, and while I was sorting out some things with the pharmacist, Bryan and Robby were happily browsing through the aisles to see what stuff we might need to buy. Then, all of a sudden, I hear this little voice shout, "Amy." Now, I was not sure I was hearing right, and I didn't see anyone calling my name, but then I heard it again and again "Amy, Amy, Amy" until I saw Robby running towards me full throttle to try to convince me to go see the treasures he had uncovered on some other aisle.

Bryan, of course, thinks this new desire to call me by my first name instead of by Mommy is hilarious. I find it alternately amusing and less than amusing. It's cute on occasion, but really hearing him say Mommy still warms my heart. So, I am off to go refer to myself as "Mommy" in Robby's presence as much as possible for the next few days...



(this picture is completely irrelevant to the story, but it is so cute, so I thought I'd include it :)



No comments: