Thursday, December 31, 2009

Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow

We have had a crazy, wonderful holiday season with lots of great family time, and now that we have a new camera, I have pics!!! The snow that we got at my parent's house was amazing. Robby would not venture out for the first day or so, but once we got him to go outside, he of course loved it. However, he absolutely refused to wear a jacket, strange child that he is. Here are some great pics of him playing in the snow with Ten Cup the dog.


We also had a season of lots of fun new games, including Bananagrams (my favorite--check it out!), Wits & Wages (right up Bryan's alley), and Dicecapades. The pic below is my mom and Bryan arm wrestling during a particularly heated match of Dicecapades.


Juliet of course loved her first Christmas. She is sleeping like a champ up to 13 hours per night, and when she is awake, she is usually as happy as a lark. In the pic below she is modeling her new Texas Rangers hat. No prize for guessing who bought that for her!


Bryan and my brother Curtis also really got into the spirit of things with the snow. They build a snowman who stayed up for almost a week. Then, they took turns face planting into the snow. I will never understand some things about the male mind. Not my idea of a good time, but I did enjoy the spectacle!



One of the biggest blessings of this holiday season is that my sister-in-law Jenna came through a very scary and life-threatening ordeal with pulmonary embolism and other blood clots to her heart. She was released from the hospital on the 23rd, though she has a long road of recovery ahead of her. She and Juliet are very good friends and nap buddies.



This pic is from our family Christmas at our house (one of the few days we seem to have been home this season). Robby loved opening his stocking, though I am not sure he knew what to make of the slinky he got :). It has been quite a holiday season, but all of my holiday decorations are now boxed up and safely back in the attic where they belong. We are soon headed to Dallas to ring in the new year and new decade!

As I look back on this milestone year that included some wonderful moments such as the birth of Juliet and the recovery of Jenna as well as some very hard times with the loss of our nephew Samuel, I am joyous in the knowledge that God has a plan for our lives and that thus far His plan has included many blessings for our family.
My prayer for this upcoming year and decade is that it will hold as many joys and blessings as the one to which I must soon bid adieu.

1 comment:

tah said...

Sounds and looks like a wonderful white Christmas.

Who would give Juliet a TX Rangers cap or Robby for that matter?