Friday, March 12, 2010

Happy 5 Months Juliet!!

This month we got to celebrate Juliet's 5 month birthday, and for an extra special present, she got a brand new cousin on that day--Michael Collier Sloan, Jr. born to Bryan's brother Michael and his wife Ali, so we spent the afternoon/evening in Waco visiting them. I will have pics from that day to put on the blog soon.

Juliet continues to be such a joy in our lives. She is truly a happy baby, and she loves nothing more than just to hang out with us. She has started to really show an interest in Robby, which is something that I have been looking forward to for a while. He can make her laugh out loud just by hearing him laugh, and she follows very closely whatever he is doing.


This week my mom came to visit, and I took the opportunity to bust out the jean skirt that I got her before she was born. It is just such a cute piece :).


Juliet was showing off all of her best tricks for tah, including standing up (with help), squawking, making fish mouth faces, and having huge smiles. She also did some good hair pulling.


SueSue had four of her grandchildren all at once with her in the hospital this week from the oldest grandchild (Robby) to the newest (Collier). Juliet did not hold the status for youngest grandchild in the Sloan family for very long--she was just four months old when Sloan was born. Then, Sloan only got to be the youngest for one month before Collier was born. And then this August, we will welcome another new addition--and by that I mean a new cousin, so don't go getting any ideas!


Don't tell Dr. Audrey, but a big step we moved to this month was eating cereal. Robby did not start this until 6 months, but Juliet was just fascinated with food. She just seemed to need more than milk to really satisfy her, so last week we tried cereal. It was a huge and resounding success. She has a big bowl every night, and she always just chomps down the whole thing. Sometimes we even have seconds.


Another one of my favorite firsts happened this month--Juliet's first time to swing at the park! I still remember the first day we did this with Robby, and I will always remember Juliet's first time as well. Robby was a little taken aback by this new development and strongly felt that his territory was being encroached upon at first, but then he seemed to kind of get used to it.
When Robby was this little, I was always in a hurry for him to get big and hit the next milestone. Now I know just how fast it really goes, so part of me just wants to hold on to these sweet times a little longer. I know that within my next few month updates, I will be reporting on a mobile baby and a talking baby. Now, don't get me wrong, when she says Mama, I will absolutely and totally melt, but just for a little while longer, I am loving having my sweet little baby girl.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I can't believe she is already 5 months old! And I know exactly what you mean about just enjoying the stage they are in now. I feel like the more kids we have, the more quickly it goes...and the more I tend to just enjoy the present.

Kenny and Chrissy said...

Juliet looks just like Robby in the picture with Bryan's mom. Cute!