Saturday, July 17, 2010

Oceanfront Property in Arizona


I have been hoodwinked. Bamboozled. Suckered by false promises. Look at that neat organization system. Lids within lids! Compartments! Bright colors! That lunch says to me--baby mayhem has been contained. Wrangled in. Handled. I have my cheese cubes in a separate tray from the turkey cubes, and both are separate containers from the strawberry pieces. The crackers are in a fancy container that allows little hands to go in and grab but prevents crackers from falling out otherwise.


False. Lies, I tell you, lies! I took that container and shook it upside down as hard as I could and nothing came out but a few crumbs. I'm not gonna lie. I felt impressed. I felt like the master of my domain--a mother who has finally come into her own. Then, Robby looked up from Disaster Zone 4 (also known as his place at the dinner table) and announced that he needed a cracker. Bryan gamely handed him the container. I think it took all of 5.7 seconds for him to figure out how to dump a substantial amount of crackers on the floor without removing the lid. The container is not toddler proof--it's parent proof.


Tomorrow when Juliet sits down to eat her lunch, how long will it take her to destroy the order that I have commanded with her lunch? Well, just about as long as it takes me to get the 15 lids off I would guess. :)

2 comments:

minda312 said...

Baahahahha!!!

K. said...

This, my dear Amy, is why you need a dog. Food falls on the floor, dog eats it, problem solved! ;o)

Kathy