Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sick Day

A couple of weeks ago, both of our children got sick pretty much simultaneously. I worked the first part of the morning, so Bryan was in charge. Here is a comparative study of the difference between the sick day when Mommy's in charge and the sick day when Daddy's at the helm:

Daddy starts the day off with a quick "errand" that he had to run to pick up something from storage. Half an hour later I call to tell him that Juliet has started throwing up and I have to go pick her up from school (we thought only Robby as sick at first). When I ask where they are, I get only evasive answers. Then, these picks show up in my email...




At this point, they have made it home and Mommy is now in charge.




I'm not sure what to make of this stark difference, but I am just sure that there is a profound revelation about parenting and the differences in our roles somewhere in this day.

No comments: