Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Real Texan Now!?

I moved to Texas in 1990 at the ripe age of 9 after being born and raised in Fort Collins, CO. My dad is a born and bred Texan, and even though my mom didn't grow up in Texas, she was born here and graduated from high school here. So, I consider myself to be of Texan heritage. After 20 years here, after marrying a Texan, and after giving birth to two Texan babies, I think I have the right to call myself a true Texan.

But, there was a missing key ingredient. After years of trying to figure out the missing link, I finally hit upon it. How can I be a true Texas girl if I've never owned a pair of cowboy boots? (And, no, the red lace up ropers from 5th grade DEFINITELY don't count.). Last week though, my sweet husband bought me my very first (and let's be straight here--very likely my only) pair of boots.

So, here I am. 29 and finally a true Texan. What a good day. Let's hope the Rangers do me proud.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Those are cute!!! Good job Bryan! I guess I cannot technically call myself a Texan either. I do not own, nor have ever owned a pair of cowboy boots. Sad thing. Born and raised here, but not a true Texan!

Jenna said...

That was Jenna, by the way... :)

--A. said...

I was going to say! If Curtis was claiming to be born here, we were going to have to have a discussion about some memory issues....