Friday, July 1, 2011

What We've Been Up To

Outside of learning to be a family of five, we had the great privilege and fun of having a big family event this past week.  We threw a surprise party for my grandfather who turned 75 this summer.  So, we loaded up for our first road trip with Lincoln and drove to my parent's house in Eastland where we stayed all weekend long.  Then, we took my grandparents, parents, and my uncle, his wife, and their three kids to Fossil Rim, which is a wildlife preserve where you can go and feed the animals in a safari-like setting.  Then, my uncle's family headed up to our house to stay for three days, which was awesome because they live in California, so we only see them every couple of years.

My uncle is an amazing photographer, and when he left, he gave me a CD with 485 pictures from the week on it.  I haven't been through them all yet, but I picked out some of my favorites so far that are pretty representative of what we got to experience last week.

Here's my little man showing off his muscles and asserting his place in the family :)

 
My middle child stealing my morning cup of tea and getting away with it in her usual fashion of just looking so durn cute as she does it :)

 
My eldest showing off his new found confidence in the water, thanks to his cousins and a new pair of water wings
Robby hanging with his older cousins and loving absolutely every second of it.
My grandfather with all of his children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren (with the exception of one son who was unable to travel for the event)
Me letting my inner animal out at the wildlife preserve and begging my cousins in the truck in front of me to feed me their skittles.  (They didn't fall for it . . . can't imagine why)
Juliet being taken care of by my sweet cousin, who did an amazing job of helping out with all of the kids this weekend
My husband showing off his inner child in the pool, where we all spent large parts of the week (rotating between four different pools)

1 comment:

tah said...

Cute pics. Cute family!!!