Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Lion with the Blue Shoes

So, a few weeks ago we wanted to take Robby to Boo at the Zoo. This event had been planned for several weeks and my parents came up for the event. Unfortunately, this was the same weekend that Robby was so miserable because he was getting in several molars at once. We waited until the last minute to make a decision, but then we decided that the best thing was just to go play at a playground instead of spending all of the money to go to the zoo where he may or may not have had a good time. Sad for me, but there it was. We decided to dress him up in his lion costume for PahPah and Tah anyway, and he agreed but insisted on wearing his blue Crocs. I know it is supposed to be girls who love shoes, but Robby LOVES his Crocs. They stay by the front door next to Mommy and Daddy's shoes, and he knows that to go outside he has to have his shoes on. So routinely, he brings us his shoes and sits down with his feet in the air to have them put on. The assumption is that once he does this he will get to go outside. But, he has become so attached to them that it is not unheard of for him to go to bed in his Crocs. One of my favorite moments with him ever was this past week when I was finishing reading the paper after breakfast one morning. Robby went to the backdoor because he wanted to play in his sandbox, and he was banging on the door and making it clear he wanted to go outside. So, I told him that if he brought me his shoes, he could go play in the sandbox. Without hesitation, he went into the other room, found his shoes amongst the pile of shoes by the door, and brought them to me. I did not have to point or cajole or do anything other than say what I needed, and he understood. It was a tiny moment in time but a big moment for me. Here are some pics of the little lion with blue shoes:










I guess he thought he should trick or treat at his own door. Of course, PahPah was there in just a few minutes with his magical raisin to M&M converter pocket.

1 comment:

minda312 said...

I Love love love these pictures!!! And I love love love the fact that I can finally comment on them and TELL you how much i love them. :-)

Nice job Amy!