Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Retiring SloanCentral

For anyone out there who has tried to keep up with me through SloanCentral.com, you may have noticed something conspicuous lately--namely, that I have not been there for over two months. Those of you close to me know that I have had much to deal with in the past few months in terms of personal loss and sorrow. Somehow, SloanCentral has become tied to that for me, and it was too hard for me to post there. Whatever I posted, it would feel like I was avoiding talking about what I was really thinking about or feeling about.

So, in the spirit of renewal and moving forward, I have decided to move to a blog format. The upside to this is that I can post from anywhere, anytime as long as I have internet access, while before I could only post from one specific computer (and it was not a laptop, so no mobility). In theory, this means that I will be able to post more often than I did on SloanCentral. I hope I will.

I have, of course, lots of new updates and pictures of Robby who will be fifteen months old in just a week! I am going to save that for my next post though, because I want to be able to add the pictures that are on my home computer to go with the update.

So, for an update on me. I am doing really well right now, all things considered. I have a job that has grown to really fit me (or maybe I have grown to fit my job). I live in what I consider to be one of the greatest cities in the world. I have a husband who lights up my world. At lunch today, I told a friend that even if something awful were to happen to Bryan, I honestly do not believe that I would ever experience love again the way that I have experienced it with him. And, that is the truth. I have a furry, lovable, constantly meowing cat who keeps me company when I work from home. I have a son who makes all things better in my world. I have true friends who have stood by and let me cry on them or let me be as needed without abandoning me. I have family who love me for who I am and support me in whatever I do. And, most importantly, I am always growing and learning more about my Lord who will sustain me through all things.

I am going to Reno for a conference this weekend, which is a state I have never been to (I like adding new states to my list of places I have been). My sister-in-law to be (yay Jenna and Curtis!) asked me to be a bridesmaid last week, so I am very excited about that. And, I have won the last two games in fantasy football in what has been a very sub-par year for me.

And, very exciting, Bryan bought me a new collection of Paula Deen and Calphalon pots and pans from Linen's and Things' going out of business sale. I am more motivated to get in the kitchen now to play with my fun toys, and so I have cooked lots of things lately.

Okay, I think that is it for now. I am going to post in the next couple of days on Robby, so watch for that!

1 comment:

Chrissy said...

You wear life well. I'm honored to be apart of it.