Saturday, March 21, 2009

Loving My City (or Spring Break, part 2)

So, just in case anyone does not already know this, Bryan and I think we live in one of the greatest cities in America. We love the atmosphere of Fort Worth, and we love the many things that the city offers its residents and visitors. Now that the weather is starting to cooperate, we are taking advantage of a little bit of what we love. I have lots of pics, so I will keep my text short:

The Fort Worth Zoo:

This is the oldest zoo in Texas, and from what I have seen, it is also the best. We bought a membership and intend to visit often. One of my favorite exhibits is always the lonely lion without his mate and cubs. You can often hear his roars from all over the zoo, and he did not disappoint while we were there this time either:




The Botanic Gardens:

They are always so beautiful, and for $0, you can't beat the price! Plus, it is so fun to watch people here. I saw a couple who were obviously taking their engagement pictures, and the poor man looked so harassed and exhausted that I fear for him after they are actually married :) Robby loved the turtles and the ducks in the pond. Next time we will take bread to feed them.









Of course, maybe his favorite thing to do was to play on this bicycle stand. A lady walking by laughed and said that the youngest of us know how to take the most pleasure out of the smallest things and that we should learn from their example. I think she is right.

Monticello Park:

This is our neighborhood park and is only half a mile from our house. In good weather we go several times a week, and it almost feels like a part of home at this point to us. Here are some pics of all of us playing and having fun:




Hulen Mall:

Okay, so this is not a national treasure or anything, but we went to get Robby some new shoes (poor guy measured in at over a size 6 and was still in size 5's), and he loved playing in the new play area. So, I thought I would post a pic of that as well:



Of course, Sundance Square is one of my all time favorite locations, and we did not hit that up this week. But, I plan to be there sometime the weekend of April 17-19th for the Main Street Arts Festival, and then in May, we will hit up Mayfest as well. These should be doubly fun this year with Robby old enough to enjoy the children's activities.

1 comment:

tah said...

You forgot to mention the TX Rangers. Although not technically in Ft Worth, they are definitely worth mentioning as one of the highlights of the city or area. . .
Just saying