Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Something to Stand Up for


So, we just got back from Florida late Monday night where we had been for Bryan's brother's wedding. Michael honored both of his brothers by asking them to be his best men, and so Bryan stood right next to Michael during the ceremony.

Both the bride and the groom had 12 attendants, and it was a very crowded front area (they got married at a country club). About half way through the ceremony (right when Bryan's dad starting speaking), I noticed that Bryan did not seem to be doing to well. He had felt a little sick all day and had been unable to eat, so I was immediately worried. Within a few seconds, he was a complete ashen color and was swaying on his feet with his eyes closed. Since I was on the other half of the stage, I was not sure how to alert someone to the fact that he needed help without completely disrupting the ceremony. Luckily Bryan's mother also realized there was a problem and got Paul's attention, so Paul started supporting Bryan.

Unfortunately, since Bryan was completely passed out by this point, the ceremony was disrupted anyway. A dentist in the audience had the groomsmen lay Bryan down with his feet in the air until he began to regain consciousness. Meanwhile, I was on the other side of the stage completely freaked out because I could not see Bryan and had no idea if he was really okay or not. I was pretty much sobbing (though silently I hope). Once Bryan figured out what was going on, he tried to stand back up as Robert recommenced with the ceremony, but he quickly had to sit down for the rest of the service as he was on the brink of passing out again.

Now that we are three days on the other side of this unfortunate incident, I find it all quite hilarious and cannot think about it without giggling a little bit, but at that moment, I admit, I was pretty scared.

I hope the videographer keeps the footage so that we can watch that oh-so-graceful fall over and over again in the future :)

2 comments:

Kenny and Chrissy said...

Oh no! Did you find out what was wrong? Was he just sick or did he just lock his knees for too long?

Lori said...

Oh poor Bryan! I am sorry that happened, but I understand it is not that uncommon. I am glad you are all able to laugh at it now... Should I have Toby on stand by at Curtis' wedding?!