Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Coo Coo!


Because of the decision made by FWISD to close schools until the 8th over swine flu fears, Robby's daycare also closed down. So, Bryan and I have taken turns working and staying home with Robby over the last few days. With fears over the flu and the constant rain, many of our normal pursuits like the park, bookstore, zoo, etc. have been less appealing than normal, so I have been left to come up with new ideas on how to keep Robby entertained without allowing the total destruction of my house or just watching Cars ad nauseum. My big brainstorm: trains.

There is no other way to say it other than that Robby loves trains and all things to do with trains. He constantly says "Coo Coo" which is his version of "choo choo" and what he calls all trains. We have done many train related activities over the last week. On Saturday, in the middle of the pouring rain, we went to both train stations downtown in vain hopes of watching some trains go by. We saw one a little distance from where we stood, and Robby waved to it the whole time.

Then, yesterday afternoon after I got out of my training for Winfree, we went down to Vickery by Hulen and drove around all the old trains sitting on the tracks down there. Robby loved it. Then the three of us went to Trinity Park and rode the train. While Robby thought it was very fun, the train whistle scared him just a little bit which he showed by covering his eyes every time he heard it. I am not sure what that accomplished, but it seemed to make him feel better.

This morning, Robby and Daddy went to Barnes to play with Thomas and his friends at the bookstore. We keep debating whether or not to get him a train set at home, but a. they are not cheap, and b. I am always afraid that if we were to do that, Robby would not like it nearly as much as he does when he gets to go to the store to play with theirs. That seems to be the way that it goes with kids.
--

I know I haven't updated in a while with lots of stuff going on, but the big thing to look forward to is the announcement next week regarding whether the soccer player in my stomach will be Robby's little brother or his little sister!!!

1 comment:

Kenny and Chrissy said...

Oh, he has to have a train set. HAS to.

I'm a big advocate of spoiling these precious babies . . .