Sunday, June 28, 2009

Staying with SueSue and Pops

Bryan and I are in California this week(end) because one of his best friends from college got married yesterday, so Robby has been staying with Bryan's parents in Houston since Wednesday. We are so excited to get home to see him, but I have to admit to the greater blogging world, I am just a little bit upset with my in-laws. Why you might ask? Let me just tell you what they have managed to do in just five days:

1. They have Robby consistently saying please and thank you. To my knowledge, he has never said either to me before. I thought maybe this was some growth in his vocabulary until my mom told me that Robby also says please for her. (And yes, we work on this regularly, but I thought we were just a little slow to catch on to this concept).

2. They have him happily drinking water (see evidence below). When we try to give him water instead of milk, he throws temper tantrums.

3. They have him eating salad. SALAD!!! And loving it.

Don't get me wrong, I am so happy that Robby was good for them while he was there, but why oh why can't I manage such amazing feats with my child that they manage to accomplish in no time at all?

I can't wait to see if these new behaviors stick once he is back home with us.

SueSue and Pops were very good at sharing pics with us over the past few days, so I thought I would share some with all:

Robby loves the Sand/Water Table!

Twosies with Pops and Uncle Paul

Happily drinking water (I am totally trying the crazy straw technique!)


Riding the train with SueSue

Stuffing salad into his mouth!!

Loving dinner time at SueSue and Pops' House!

2 comments:

minda312 said...

i love it :-)

Kenny and Chrissy said...

Do you think your in-laws would mind keeping SG for a few days?