Sunday, August 9, 2009

Marble Falls

Another tradition in my family is our outing to Marble Falls to stay in this wonderful and secluded cabin on the lake. We have been going for almost twenty years now, though we don't make it every year like we wish. This year was Robby's second year to get to go, however, and he had a wonderful time! He got to swim, throw rocks in the lake, eat junk food, golf, ride in his wagon, and was of course pretty much always the center of attention.

For Bryan and I, the adventure was something of a reality check because there was no internet access at the cabin. It is strange to go from being plugged in virtually all of our waking hours to having no access whatsoever. The catch up when we got home was not pretty, but I must admit that it was probably good to walk away from our computer screens for at least a long weekend.

And, then, at the end of the weekend, I got to watch my maid of honor take her turn as an incredibly beautiful bride. Amber--if you are reading this--you did good! Your wedding was beautiful, and you were beautiful. I was so glad to be there to celebrate with you.

Here are some pics of the weekend:





2 comments:

Kenny and Chrissy said...

I have to say that you are just adorable pregnant. You stinkin' cutie!

Auntie Woman said...

I'm very curious about the pic showing Bryan with his bicycle in the rushing river, reaching for Robby with Sam trying to get his balance by grabbing the pregnant Amy... It is very amusing!