Friday, August 14, 2009

The Things that We Find Normal as Parents

In real life (non-parenting world), it is completely absurd to think that discussing pottys and underwear are normal (unless you are a junior high boy of course). But, today, I found myself at Target cajoling Robby to come over to me by announcing in a non-whisper--"Come pick out some big boy underwear!" That's right--we are starting on that wonderful road called potty training. We bought a big boy potty a couple of weeks ago, and he has been practicing sitting on it (fully clothed) and telling us it is his potty for a couple of weeks now. Then, last night, he decided he wanted to try it out. So, we took off his diaper, had a quick discussion about aim, and surprise, surprise, he actually used it. We have had four successful ventures now, so maybe we are well on our way. We will see. I am pretty sure there is a direct correlation between the fact that we just bought two new boxes of diapers and his sudden desire to be potty trained :)

Tonight before bed he got to try on the big boy underwear, which he really liked, so tomorrow we are really going to get down to business. How amazing would it be if he was actually potty trained before Juliet gets here?? And on that note, how crazy is it that my due date is in less than two months?!?!


On a completely unrelated note, right now at our house it is prepare for fantasy football time. Bryan is much more intense about this than I am even though I am playing as well. But, I do have my scout preparing some cheatsheets for me:



Of course, like many men, he is easily distracted by this sport. He even likes watching it on TV:



1 comment:

tah said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF YOU!! A whole new wonderful world awaits. I heard today about a website that guarantees complete training in 3 intense days.

Way to go Big Boy!!