Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy 4 Months Juliet!!


Juliet's party dress for Lucy's Birthday Party!!! Happy 2 Years Lucy :)


Today my sweet baby girl turned 4 months old. I honestly cannot believe how quickly time has flown by. She has truly grown out of being an infant at this point (in fact, now that her cousin Sloan is here, she is not even the youngest grandbaby on the Sloan side).


(Juliet saying good morning to Daddy this morning)

In honor of her four month birthday today, she decided to go for the gold and hit a major milestone. So, this afternoon she rolled over from her back to her front. I set her on the couch on her back and then went into the dining room to talk to Bryan. When I looked over to check on her, she was lying completely on her tummy as if for tummy time. The only difference was that she had her arm still under her. She seemed to be completely surprised by this turn of events (remember that she hates tummy time)
Finally, I put her back on her back and decided to call it a victorious roll even though her arm did not make it out from under her. Then, all of a sudden, she was back on her tummy, and this time she was able to pull her arm out :). Then, just for good measure, she rolled one more time before bedtime.


(Juliet wondering why in the world she is on her tummy all of a sudden)

Bedtime has become a sweet tradition for Juliet and me. We lay on her furry pink rug and read stories together (well, I read, she tries to eat the pages). It is one of my favorite times of the day as she laughs and coos just for me.

(Juliet wondering why Daddy does not want to wake up)
Then after bedtime with Juliet it is time to put my big boy to bed. We also have a story time with him each night. The two most likely books are "How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight" by Jane Yolen or "Hug" by Jez Alborough. He continues to do very well in his big boy bed, and he really is a great big brother to Juliet.



(This camera smile just cracks me up!)

2 comments:

tah said...

But where did he learn it? Will he teach it to Juliet? Such a big girl and grown up boy.

minda312 said...

Yay!!! I love it when you post and put pictures up too :-)