Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Recent Computer Troubles

While we both primarily work off our laptops these days, we do have an old desktop from our Knoxville days that still takes up residence in our little used office. In our ongoing attempts to sell our house, we have cleaned out much of our old junk, and we recently decided to assess whether or not to sell the computer. So, we called a local computer company who agreed to send out a technican.

Upon arrival, I admit to being surprised at who they sent both because of her relatively young age, and, honestly, her gender. I suppose I am antiquated in my thinking of men as computer technicians though. I have to say that I was impressed as she quickly cut past the greetings to get right to work.



She spent quite a bit of time just looking the computer over. From what I could tell, she was fairly sure of the grim prognosis from the first few minutes.


But, she did have several tests she wanted to run before discussing her diagnosis.



Then, she ran a few more tests just to be sure (she is nothing if not thorough).


After the decisive banging on the top of the machine method was a failure, she was left with only one option. A laying on of hands.


But, to no avail, she had to deliver the sad news. Our machine appears to have said its last goodbyes and is now nothing more than a prop in our underused office.

3 comments:

tah said...

It is so very good to know that laying hands on a computer has the potential to work. Thanks for the helpful info.

Kenny and Chrissy said...

Sarah Grace has those same pajamas! Makes me happy to know that we can see the same Target :).

Kenny and Chrissy said...

By the way . . . I SEE HAIR!