Sunday, April 5, 2009

Girl's Weekend!

This weekend, my wonderful mother-in-law took her four daughters, her daughter-in-law (me), and her daughter-in-law to be to the Marriot at Legacy in Plano for a relaxing pre-wedding celebration, and it was just amazing. It was really fun to hang out with everyone and to welcome Ali to the family, Sloan girl style!

We got pedicures at the Stonebriar Spa, had meals at lots of yummy places including Jasper's and Mi Cocina, and then we also hit the outlet mall. I had been excited about this for weeks because a). I am at that place where I hate my entire wardrobe and b). I am about to outgrow it for now anyway. So even though there aren't any actual maternity stores at the outlet shops, I decided to shop maternity anyway.

I will never understand why this is true, but maternity clothes are not only much uglier as a rule than regular clothes, they are also much more expensive. Luckily, there are lots of non-maternity clothes (well, not pants but shirts and dresses) that can pass for maternity clothes for the first two trimesters at least. And, these can often be worn again after the pregnancy. So, that is what I went on the hunt for. I had surprisingly good luck.

I got some sweet clothes at various stores, but I did not hit the jackpot until I got to Banana Republic. They had a deal that if you bought at least three items, everything you bought was 50% off. I got 9 shirts. They should all work at least until July/August I think. But here is the kicker: I had to wait in line for right at an hour to pay because everyone was taking advantage of this sale. I even ran into my friend Laura there.

By the time I paid, my back was killing me and I knew I was done shopping for the day, but when I got to the register she gave me an additional 25% off just for having a Banana Republic Card! I ended up with a total of $168 in savings and spending only $100 to get 9 Banana Republic shirts. Looking in the review mirror, do I think the hour wait was worth it? Most definitely. What do you guys think?

So, watch soon for a posting on how my house fared with 8 Sloan boys (including Robby) in and out of residence all weekend with no females present at all.

p.s. mom--my shopping successes don't mean that our upcoming shopping trip needs to be canceled or postponed, so don't bother trying that one on me :)

No comments: