Friday, January 2, 2009

12 Great Things about the 2008 Holiday Season...

In no particular order:

* Sweet Mafia games with the Sloan clan where I proved to be a genuis cop (sweetie, remember listen to me and the game will be won) and an idiot townsperson (who knew that if you say "Fine, kill me," they actually will??)

* The ability to now print pictures from the comfort of my own home office (thanks Mom and Dad!!)

* Learning about lots of new family members to be added to the family in 2009 (two sister-in-laws and a niece/nephew!!)

* Building a gingerbread house with my brother's fiancee while watching one of the best girl movies ever--Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.

* Watching Marley and Me with my sisters-in-law and unabashedly crying through almost all of it. Seriously, I loved this movie, but don't go see it without plenty of tissues, and I think you might skip out on the mascara just to be on the safe side.

* Getting to eat lots of my favorite holiday goodies (can we say peanutbutter kiss cookies, monster cookies, snickerdoodles, oatmeal cookies, sausage balls, cheese balls...)

* Two full weeks with no work involved. I'm not kidding. That actually happened. True story.

* Meeting my new good friends Ted, Barney, Marshall, Lily, and Robin. For the uninitiated, I am speaking of How I Met Your Mother. In the span of three short weeks, we have now watched the first three seasons. And they are Legen...wait for it...dary!!! (Thanks Curtis and Jenna!)

* Saying goodbye to 2008, a very bittersweet year, and ushering in 2009 in the arms of my best friend who still rocks my world 6 New Year's Eves later.

* Lots of sweet new jewelry, especially necklaces. My favorite piece Bryan picked out for me from ChinaBaroque. Check it out. She is amazing!

* Robby's First Tricycle (see pic above). Okay, so he can't reach the pedals yet, but he loves his bike. He "helped" me put it together, and he fully comprehended what it was long before all the pieces were on. I had to physically move him off of the bike to add the seat because he was trying to sit where he knew the seat would be. {note: Putting together the tricycle does not make the list of best things about this holiday season.}

* The Ball Pit. In our bedroom we now have a 6 foot soccerball pit filled with 300+ balls that we romp around in. It is AWESOME!! (Thanks Toloallaro)

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

He still looks just like Bryan. Are their baby pictures identical?

Anonymous said...

We are so honored to be in the top 12. Okay, our gift is in the top 12, but still... Sorry it has to be in your bedroom! But we are very glad the little man likes it!