Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Robby's Transition to a New Room

First before I start, let me say--HAPPY BIRTHDAY CURTIS!!! I can't believe my little brother is 24!! We love you :)

So, Robby moved up to the next level room at daycare yesterday. There was some drama about this because the daycare director was going back and forth on whether or not Robby was ready for the move. I was confident he was. When I picked him up from daycare yesterday, they said he had a good day with a few rough patches, so I thought things were going smoothly, but today when I went to drop him off...let's just say it was a whole different story.

I want to preface by saying that Robby is a very independent little guy, and he never wants his mommy to hold his hand as we walk in to daycare, but today he was clutching my hand the whole way. Then, when we got to his new room (which was empty because everyone was outside playing), he would not walk in at all. So, I picked him up and put up his stuff in the room. We then went outside where his friends were, but Robby would not let me put him down. This is more than unusual. Normally Robby runs outside without even a backward glance of goodbye for Mommy, but today I had to pry him off of me, and I could hear him crying all the way to my car.

I think that this move is good for him, but my mommy heart has been set at Worry all day long. I am ready to go get him and see how his day has gone...

1 comment:

minda312 said...

yay for going to the big kid room! :-)