Friday, January 2, 2009

Ouch :(



Today when I picked Robby up from daycare, he had fallen when trying to climb out of the sandbox and busted his lip open. The face I saw broke my heart. As a rational human being, I know that this ouchie is very minor on any scale that it might be measured on, but as a Mommy, it felt like a catastrophe, and I wanted very much to do anything to fix it. So, we went to the park to swing, but that did not work very well. He was very fussy, and nothing really made him feel better. One major crying fest later, and we found ourselves upstairs in his room, rocking in his chair. That worked, sort of. He was not truly better until we resorted to the one thing guaranteed to fix all things bad in toddlerland (or, most people's lands for that matter): ice cream. In this case, Mint Chocolate Chip.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch is right! I know how you feel, it is so hard when they get a yucky looking owie. Fortunately they heal quick and I am sure by the time you read this all will be right in toddlerland. :)

Chrissy said...

With that face, he could get anything he wanted from me. . .