Monday, January 19, 2009

Big Boy Eating

When we took Robby for his 15 month check up, I asked about when babies typically start using utensils to feed themselves food, and she told me not to worry about that until after his 18 month birthday (one month from today, incidentally). So, I haven't. Imagine my surprise last night when Robby gets some yogurt out of the fridge (how he is always right under foot when that door is opened?), and his daddy opened up the container and handed Robby a spoon. He ate almost the whole container by himself without making a ginormous mess! Now, Bryan did hold the yogurt the whole time, but Robby managed the spoon very well. He still has trouble keeping solid food balanced on the spoon all the way to his mouth, but I would say that he is well on his way to eating with a utensil. Sometimes I wonder the things that he is capable of doing that we just have not thought to ask him about yet....











On a side note, but speaking of things he is capable of that we didn't know about, yesterday Robby decided to go for a more freeing afternoon than normal and twice dispensed of his pants when we weren't looking. Both times he took them off outside of the room we were in, so I am not sure how he is pulling this off (haha). Let's hope it doesn't start happening in public though :)

2 comments:

minda312 said...

He's sooooo smart :-) I'm looking forward to hanging out with him on Friday!!

Chrissy said...

I love the last picture where Robby is trying to look at his spoon while it's in his mouth. Sarah Grace does that, too, and it always makes me laugh out loud.